Spotlight Sunday: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

May 3, 2015




Publication Date: January 5, 2016 Preorder here!

Warning: I'm writing this because I feel that if I don't I might spontaneously combust into a shower of confetti and rainbows and unicorns and everything else that is glorious in this world. I apologize for my incoherent fangirl ramblings in advance. I just have a lot of feels about this book okay? okay

Yes, the rumors are in fact true that my lack of self control knows no bounds and therefore, there is nothing on this earth that can keep me from talking about this book any longer and making you aware of its sure-to-be awesomeness (Its not even out for another 10 months) *cries ugly tears*. 

As a direct result, I have absolutely no clue what I am going to be able tell you guys in this post besides my gradual increase from lowercase to capslock chants of me just telling you to prepare yourselves for this masterpiece...trust me on this. They normally tell you not to judge a book by its cover but I mean... let us be realistic here for once... this cover is badass, therefore (through deductive reasoning) the book must be, you know, badass as well.

Now, I'm not basing it SOLEY off of that fact. I've read and LOVED Susan's other series Something Strange and Deadly which in case you are not familiar with it, you can read a summary of it here! As well as her serialized space opera, The Starkiller Cycle which she co-writes with fellow author Sarah J. Maas (this is a fantastic must read as well and you guys can read it for free). Therefore, I know that I'm already in love with her writing style as well as familiar with it and while Truthwitch is going to be a slight Segway from the walking dead wreaking havoc in 19th century Philadelphia (as I said, slight), I'm thrilled to see what she has in store for us in this new fantasy world.



Speaking of which, for those of you who don't know what this book is about and have been reading this post all confused, here is a quick summary for you provided by Goodreads

On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.
Not truly convinced yet that this book will knock your socks right off your feet? 4 words, 10 letters, and an exclamation point: It's got a map! and if there's one thing I love more than a book without a beautiful map in it, it's one that has a beautiful map in it. Prepare your eyes, folks (you may have to click on the link to view the full version depending on what you're viewing this on)


 
 
Is this not one of the most beautiful maps you've ever seen? (and the slight resemblance to Europe was  planned/intentional, by the way).
 
I'm so excited for this book and hope you guys are too! So tell your neighbors, your neighbors' neighbors, your siblings, parents, aunts/uncles, pets, plants, etc. I'll leave some information down below if you're interested in learning more about this book while we anxiously wait for January 5, 2016 to come faster!

  • If you're interested in signing up for an ARC of Truthwitch, you can do that here
    • ARCs will also be available at BEA (Wednesday May 27, 3pm at the Macmillan booth) So if you'll be there, be sure to get your hands on a copy!
  • Be in the know and get fantastic and inspirational advice for future writers, sign up for the newsletter right here
  • Follow on twitter
  • Tune in to @Truthwitch 's twitter for #TruthwitchTuesday for exciting news about this wonderful series


xoxo,
Jana

Follow me on twitter
Follow me on tumblr
Follow me on Goodreads
Follow me everywhere....well, that's not creepy
Business Only Contact: bookishrealities@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Bookish Realities. Design by Fearne.